- Type of employment: regular, full-time
- Level: intermediate - advanced with project coordination
- Schedule: 40 hours per week
- Workplace: Laval (Sainte-Dorothée sector)
- Travel: Greater Montreal 10%.
Who are we?
DPHV – D’Aronco, Pineau, Hébert, Varin is a specialized engineering consulting firm that offers professional and technical expertise in structural engineering, from design to construction, in a wide variety of fields: design, assembly and construction of residential, commercial or industrial buildings, stadiums, airports, transportation and telecommunications infrastructures. We also offer services for securing work environments (temporary or permanent lifelines), surveys, inspections and analyses of existing structures at heights, on steep terrain (rope inspection) and in confined spaces.
We are looking for a structural technician for our design engineering team in our Laval office. Organized by nature, our future colleague will be called upon to actively participate, in collaboration with the DPHV engineering team, in the coordination of several technical aspects related to building construction projects or other structures. You will be involved from the survey stage, then during the preparation of models and/or structural engineering plans, and this, until the complete realization on site. You may also be involved in interventions on construction sites.
Tasks and Key Responsibilities:
- Participate with project engineers in the development of structural drawings through AutoCad or REVIT via 3D modeling;
- Coordinate with other professional disciplines on site and subcontractors according to the different structural projects in progress;
- Ensure the quality of the work of his drafting team and compliance with internal standards;
- Participate in the establishment of drawing standards for his discipline;
- Ensure the technical quality and compliance of deliverables in his field of expertise;
- Ensure the technical quality and respect of the deliverables of his field of expertise; Ensure coaching of the other drafting technicians in the team;
- Conduct surveys of existing structures, site visits and structural inspections;
- Engage in other related responsibilities.
Your professional skills:
- DEP in building drafting or DEC in civil engineering, architecture or other equivalent training combined with relevant experience for a coordination position;
- Be passionate about structures;
- Be a member of the Quebec Order of Technologists (an asset)
- Good knowledge of the Quebec Construction Code and the National Building Code of Canada;
- Excellent knowledge of Autocad software;
- Mastery of REVIT software;
- Knowledge of BIM (major asset);
- Possess a general health and safety certificate for construction sites (ASP card);
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel;
- Have good organizational skills and be an excellent team player;
- Fluency in French is essential and a working knowledge of English.
The experience, dynamism and expertise of our engineers and technicians create an environment that promotes learning and the contribution of each individual allows us to imagine and design solutions that are adapted, practical and innovative for the various projects of our clients. Join our team of committed people!
One idea, One plan...a CAREER!
Are you inspired by these challenges? Send us your application without further delay to email@example.com or through this job module.
*We thank you for your interest in DPHV. However, only those selected will be contacted. DPHV is committed to employment equity and we encourage women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to apply*.