Are you the structure enthusiast we're looking for?
DPHV is a specialized consulting engineering firm that has been providing professional and technical expertise in structural engineering for over thirty years. Our team's experience and know-how have earned us an excellent reputation in the industry. In other words, we offer the technical agility of a large firm, but the flexibility and humanity of an independent firm! When you join our team, you get the best of both worlds!
Our office is located in Laval's Sainte-Dorothée district. Nearby, we have access to restaurants, grocery stores, parks and a protected woodland.
Your advantages in joining our team :
- Salary commensurate with your professional experience on an hourly basis - so every hour worked is paid or can be taken as additional leave
- Annual bonus program;
- Annual leave, sick leave and time bank program with no annual maximum;
- Flexible working hours between 35 and 40 hours a week to reconcile work and personal life;
- Group insurance program including life insurance, short- and long-term disability, drug and paramedical care and travel insurance for you and your family;
- DPSP program - employer-sponsored plan that allocates a portion of company profits to employees through a registered savings plan;
- Teleworking policy with a program to reimburse equipment costs;
- Stimulating work environment;
- Continuing education program;
- Career development opportunity - coaching and mentoring program;
- Reimbursement of professional membership fees;
- Social activities organized during the year
- Friday jeans every day;
- Free parking on site and/or nearby;
We are currently looking for a Structural Draftsman/Technician to join our Design Engineering team in our Laval office. Organized by nature, our future colleague will be called upon to actively participate, in collaboration with the engineering team, in the coordination of several technical aspects related to construction projects for buildings or other structures, in order to complete the projects entrusted to him/her within the established budgets and schedules. You'll be involved from the surveying stage, through the preparation of models and/or structural engineering plans, right up to completion on site. You may also be involved in interventions on construction sites.
Tasks and main responsibilities :
- Plan residential, municipal, commercial, industrial and institutional projects using AutoCad or REVIT Structure for 3D modeling
- Participate in the minor design of structural elements with project engineers
- Carry out quality control of plans and documents prepared by team members in compliance with internal standards
- Participate in setting design standards in your discipline
- Participate in the supervision and coaching of the design team
- Coordinate work with the various departments and professionals involved in projects
- Prepare feasibility studies for various projects
- Follow up on site work in the office and make occasional site visits
- Participate in site meetings and handle correspondence
- Validate workshop drawings
- Ensure good ongoing relations with clients
- Prepare site surveys, studies and reports
Your professional skills :
- DEP in building drafting / DEC in civil engineering option "structure" / DEC in architecture combined with significant experience in a coordination position (minimum 5 years);
- A passion for structure;
- Excellent command of Autocad and REVIT softwares
- Possession of an attestation de santé-sécurité générale sur les chantiers de construction (ASP card)
- Good knowledge of the Quebec Construction Code and the National Building Code of Canada (major asset)
- Knowledge of BIM (a major asset)
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel
- Organizational skills and an excellent team player;
- Fluency in French is essential and a working knowledge of English would be an asset.
The experience, dynamism and know-how of our team members create an environment conducive to learning, and everyone's contribution enables us to imagine and design solutions that are adapted, concrete and innovative to our customers' various projects. Join our passionate team!
An idea, a plan...a CAREER!
Does this challenge excite you? Send us your application without delay by clicking on the "apply" button, by e-mailing us at email@example.com or via our job module on our website at www.dphv.ca.
*In this document, the terms used to designate persons are taken in a generic sense; they have both feminine and masculine meanings.
Thank you for your interest in DPHV. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job type: permanent, full-time
Level: intermediate - advanced with project coordination
Travel: Greater Montreal Metropolitan Area 10% of total travel