Are you the structural expert we're looking for?
DPHV is a specialized consulting engineering firm that has been providing professional and technical expertise in structural engineering for over thirty years. Our team's experience and know-how have earned us an excellent reputation in the industry. In other words, we offer the technical agility of a large firm, but the flexibility and humanity of an independent firm! When you join our team, you get the best of both worlds!
Our office is located in Laval's Sainte-Dorothée district. Nearby, we have access to restaurants, grocery stores, parks and a protected woodland.
Your advantages in joining our team :
- Salary commensurate with your professional experience on an hourly basis - so every hour worked is paid or can be taken as additional leave
- Annual bonus program;
- Annual leave, sick leave and time bank program with no annual maximum;
- Flexible working hours between 35 and 40 hours a week to reconcile work and personal life;
- Group insurance program including life insurance, short- and long-term disability, drug and paramedical care and travel insurance for you and your family;
- DPSP program - employer-sponsored plan that allocates a portion of company profits to employees through a registered savings plan;
- Telecommuting policy with a program to reimburse equipment costs;
- Stimulating work environment;
- Continuing education program;
- Career development opportunity - coaching and mentoring program;
- Reimbursement of professional dues;
- Social activities organized throughout the year;
- Free beverages and snacks in the office;
- Friday jeans every day;
- Free parking on site and/or nearby.
The Structural Enginneer, project coordinator will actively participate in the design of steel, reinforced concrete, and wood structures in accordance with codes and other regulations, in collaboration with DPHV's detailing and engineering team. In addition, he/she will participate in the detailed production of plans and specifications and produce technical reports and opinions following inspections and field surveys.
Tasks and main responsibilities :
- Design, coordinate and verify various small, medium and large-scale structural projects according to customer requirements;
- Analyze, design and adapt steel, concrete and wood building structures for commercial, residential, institutional and industrial projects;
- Participate in the design of assembly sequences, the design of temporary stability elements and the dimensioning of lifting devices used in the assembly of structures;
- Ensure plans meet project requirements as well as building codes and standards.
- Supervise the preparation of plans and specifications;
- Support technicians, draftsmen and junior engineers;
- Verify and coordinate work in progress with other project stakeholders;
- Administer projects in collaboration with administrative managers (project management);
- Assist the administrative manager in preparing service offers;
- Manage technical project staff and take part in site meetings;
- Survey existing installations
- Write technical reports for expert appraisals;
- Participate in work supervision;
Your professional skills :
- Bachelor's degree in civil or building engineering with a specialization in structures
- Master's degree in structural engineering (an asset)
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience - experience in the consulting engineering field in Quebec will be considered an asset
- Valid ASP card
- Driver's license and access to a vehicle for work-related travel (an asset)
- Knowledge of ETABS, SAP and SAFE software
- Knowledge of Tekla and/or REVIT modeling software (an asset)
- Team spirit, resourcefulness, autonomy and good work organization
- Spoken and written French, functional English.
The experience, dynamism and know-how of our team members create an environment conducive to learning, and everyone's contribution enables us to imagine and design solutions that are adapted, concrete and innovative to our customers' various projects. Join our passionate team!
An idea, a plan...a CAREER!
Does this challenge excite you? Send us your application without delay by clicking on the "apply" button, by e-mailing us at email@example.com or via our job module on our website at www.dphv.ca.
*In this document, the terms used to designate persons are taken in a generic sense; they have both feminine and masculine meanings.
Thank you for your interest in DPHV. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job type: permanent, full-time
Level: intermediate - advanced with project coordination
Travel: Greater Montreal Metropolitan Area 10% of total travel