Type of employment: regular, full-time
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Workplace: Laval or Terrebonne office
Teleworking: According to public health guidelines (to be determined after COVID-19)
Travel: Greater Montreal 10%.
DPHV - D’Aronco, Pineau, Hébert, Varin is a specialized engineering consulting firm that offers professional and technical expertise in structural engineering, from design to construction, in a wide variety of fields: design, fabrication and construction of residential, commercial or industrial buildings, stadiums, airports, transportation and telecommunications infrastructures. We also offer services for securing work environments (temporary or permanent lifelines), expertises, inspections and analyses of existing structures at heights, on steep terrain (rope inspection) and in confined spaces.
The Structural Design Engineer will participate in the design of steel, reinforced concrete and wood structures in accordance with codes and other regulations in collaboration with the DPHV detailing and engineering team. In addition, he/she will participate in the detailed design of plans and specifications as well as produce technical reports and opinions following inspections and field surveys.
- Actively participate in the design of sometimes highly complex structures;
- Analyze and design steel, concrete and wood structures;
- Attend, according to the mandates, multidisciplinary technical meetings;
- Assist and collaborate with the detailing team for the design drawings;
- Assist in the design of erection sequences, the design of temporary stability elements and the sizing of lifting devices used in the erection of structures;
- Ensure plans meet project requirements and building codes and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or building engineering with a specialization in structure
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec as a CEP or Junior Engineer
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of Autocad drawing software
- Knowledge of Tekla and/or REVIT modeling softwares (an asset)
- Valid ASP card
- Team spirit, resourcefulness, autonomy, sense of humor and good work organization
- French, oral and written, functional English.
The experience, dynamism and expertise of our engineers and technicians create an environment that promotes learning and the contribution of each individual allows us to imagine and design solutions that are adapted, practical and innovative for the various projects of our clients. Join our team of committed people!
We thank you for your interest in DPHV. However, only those selected will be contacted. DPHV is committed to employment equity and we encourage women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to apply.