Type of employment: regular, full-time
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Workplace: Laval (Sainte-Dorothée sector)
Travel: Greater Montreal 10%.
DPHV - D’Aronco, Pineau, Hébert, Varin is a specialized engineering consulting firm that offers professional and technical expertise in structural engineering, from design to construction, in a wide variety of fields: design, fabrication and construction of residential, commercial or industrial buildings, stadiums, airports, transportation and telecommunications infrastructures. We also offer services for securing work environments (temporary or permanent lifelines), expertises, inspections and analyses of existing structures at heights, on steep terrain (rope inspection) and in confined spaces.
As a BIM technician in building modeling, in collaboration with the DPHV engineering team, you will produce BIM models in addition to playing the role of technical expert internally in order to solve the design/construction issues of our clients and partners by using BIM. You will coordinate several technical aspects related to construction projects for buildings or other structures while ensuring the quality of digital models and multidisciplinary coordination.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate with project engineers in the development of structural drawings using REVIT for 3D modeling or AutoCad for 2D drawing;
- Coordinate with other professional site disciplines and subcontractors as required for various structural projects in progress;
- Perform existing structure surveys, site visits and structural inspections;
- Engage in other related tasks.
Skills required :
- Strong interest in digital structural modeling
- DEC in civil engineering, architecture or any other equivalent or higher education;
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of structural design or modeling using one or more of the following materials: steel, concrete, wood and aluminum
- A good knowledge of basic BIM modeling concepts
- Advanced knowledge of BIM parameterization is an asset (Family creation, Automation, etc...)
- Working knowledge of Autodesk AEC series tools (REVIT, AutoCad, etc.)
- Experience using the Procore platform or similar (BIM 360, Aconex, etc.) is an asset;
- Possess a general health and safety certificate for construction sites (ASP card)
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel
- Good team player, organized and have a sense of initiative and attention to detail
- Fluent French, oral and written. Functional English is an asset.
The experience, dynamism and expertise of our engineers and technicians create an environment that promotes learning and the contribution of each individual allows us to imagine and design solutions that are adapted, practical and innovative for the various projects of our clients. Join our team of committed people!